If you have any questions about this policy, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to maintain records of student representatives and to enable the functioning of the representation system. By completing this survey you are consenting to the following use of data.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information, such as age, ethnicity, gender, disability,
• University information such as; student numbers, fee status, level of study, department and programme
Demographic information is essential information to ensure that the elected student representatives are representative of their constituent population.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to maintain and improve the student representation scheme at The Students’ Union in partnership with UWE Bristol (the data controllers). We will hold this data for the academic year in which you are a student representative.
Specifically, we may use data:
• To contact you with information relevant to your role including but not exclusively; newsletters, training information, event invitations, requests for feedback, further rep opportunities, requests for engagement.
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
• To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
• To be accessed by the faculties at UWE Bristol
• To be shown on MyUWE and Blackboard
• To research the representative system at UWE Bristol, including the demographic comparison between the constitutional population and the student representative.
When you complete the survey on Online Surveys, as part of the process, we collect the personal information you give us. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only. Our survey is hosted on the Online Surveys platform. Online Surveys provides us with the online platform that allows us to collect your information as a student representatives. Your data may be stored through Online Surveys data storage, password protected excel spreadsheets and UWE Bristol’s staff SharePoint. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
Controlling information about you
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you no longer want us to process your data anymore or wish to exercise any of your data subject rights, you will no longer be able to continue your role as a student representative, please contact us at email@example.com and your academic staff member.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.